Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much paint should I get to paint a 65 vert? Also how many coats of paint would be a reasonable amount to apply to the car? This will be my first attempt at painting a car.

·
Premium Member
7,512 Posts
I think, it will be less than a gallon of "finish", given the reducers and other additives one needs to add. However, are you including primer, sealer? Is it bare metal or "scuff 'n coat"? Door jambs, trunk, interior etc.? What is the coverage? I'm not an authority, but, have shot all of the above.
Need more details for better answers.....

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am thinking single stage paint. the car will have already been primed and had sealer on top. this will be a total car paint. jambs, trunk exterior, not the interior as that will not be body color. So will one gallon cover? And how many coats should I use?

·
Premium Member
7,512 Posts
Ok, a gallon should do well in coverage. How many coats? As many over-lapping sweeps as it takes for coverage. It's not like one will keep shooting product. Best Practice, follow the mfgs. coverage and instructions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts