Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the experts out there. I'm in the process of putting frame rail / shock tower / Battery Tray and Rad support back on. What I have left is the Battery tray and the Rad support, and I got to thinking. Well I'm going to strip the engine bay down and paint it, wouldn't it be easier to do it while the rad support is not on the car yet??? does this seem feasible, or would it be smarter to go ahead and get all the panels on, then go back and do the scrubbing and painting?

thanks

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I stripped the engine bay, replaced the front aprons and patched a tower. Then painted it, leaving a bit unpainted where the rad support is. I sprayed weld through primer where ever I was welding, replaced the rad support, cleaned everything up, and repainted.

·
Registered
713 Posts
The rad support is not the same color as the engine bay. It is argent. So, I would paint the engine bay, then paint the rad support outside the bay, then mount it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I don't know where gingerstang is getting his info.I've never seen a Radiator support that wasn't the same black as the engine bay.Weld that support in,paint the battery tray seperate and also the braces to the firewall.

·
Registered
10,610 Posts
Gingerstang said:
The rad support is not the same color as the engine bay. It is argent.
Uh, what?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Definately a wide stance on opinions, strip with the rad support in, with it out, etc etc etc....

Well it would be easier to strip it with the rad support out, then turn around, weld it in, and paint it.

thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts