Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to paint my engine compartment the same color as the body (Silver Metallic) and was wondering where to you cut into black for the undercarriage? Is it at the support above the trans? what about the left and right floor pans, does it just go to the bottom of the rounded part? I have not seen any pics of a CUSTOM painted engine compartment from below and have searched the forum with not luck. I am building to car as a street/show/weekend driver so I want it to look good, but not be a PITA to clean or have to keep fixing stone chips (thats why I decided to POR the undercarriage instead or paint it silver also) I am going to be painting the outside of the fender aprons with por (the part inside the wheel well with the fender on) but paint the rad. support silver, so do i just paint the tops of the front frame rails silver and the bottoms black or do i paint the whole rail... I'm confused about what does and does not get painted silver. I also realize there is NO right way since it is custom, im just wanting opnions, pics of this being done, and some feedback that have done this. Sorry for going on and on, just trying to get all the info in there. Oh yeah, if a 65' fastback 289 4spd

Thanks in advance,
Jason

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
go from the front of floor pans (where it bends up to start heading to the firewall.......and go across the tranny tunnel in the same fashion....

I went with a gloss black paint for the engine bay, (less of a hassle) and it contrasts nicely with the engine colors....

Black block, timing cover, heads, intake manifold, oil cooler adapter. Then you have the black and Blue shaker assy., blue spk plug wires and master cylinder

the valve covers are polished CPPF finned valve covers, Coated JBA shortie headers, polished Holley 750 cfm carb, chrome dual feed fuel line, gold irridite finish milodon oil pan, front sway bar assy.

Blue top optima gell battery

Blue goodyear hoses and MSD module i just had powder coated.

go figure.....do what makes you happy!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts