Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to paint or rather I have to paint my 65 Fastback do to vandalism. I am in NJ and can Drive at least 100 mile radius, I need someone with experience painting classics. can someone recommend a shop I want to paint the entire car, the car has been fully restored and just needs to be painted I would take it back to BOB in Des Moines, IA but it is to far.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
try this post in the forum...probably will get more responces.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am in Northern NJ I can drive 100 miles at least please help

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I'm up in Wyckoff. There's a shop in Morris Plains (Morris County near RT 287 & RT 10) named Edies Restoration or something similiar. I don't have his contact info unfornuately. He is very popular with guys in the North Jersey Mustang club, you could contact them, they'll know. You could also sent Tonys65Pony an private message. He rehab's quite a few vert's each year and uses outside painters. He's in Franklin Lakes and may have some good references in NNJ.

Do you go to any of the local cruise nights in NNJ. I'm usually at the Wyckoff cruise night (by the DMV) every other Wednesday or so. Sent me a PM if you think you can make it one night.

Bob.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ed knows his stuff. PM me and I will send you his info...I need to find it tonight so i can get him to put in my new tilt wheel /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
Hii
Please fil out your profile so everyone knows where your are at in NJ & do not have to keep asking. If you are close to Hackettstown you can try Dales custom auto. I used to work for the Ford dealer in Hackettstown & we used him & he does great work.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I used Jay's Freeway Collision in Orange NJ to paint my 66 coupe. 973-678-0134. They are located on Park St in Orange.Nice shop and excellent work.

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
There is a body shop in South Jersey called Mal's auto body and he specializes in vintage mustangs. He is in the pleasantville area. I could get his Phone number for you if you are interested.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I have his number at home if you need it i have heard good things about him too but never got around to calling.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
edies restoration 973 605 1800. like i said i never called but i believe this is his number

·
Registered
412 Posts
From Mike65 - "Hackettstown you can try Dales custom auto"

He is completing my 65 this week. He is a great guy to work with and does excellent work. His partner, Roy at Dimension Frame and Auto in Hackettstown, has been my mechanic and also does great work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts