Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it some kind of a sacrilege to spray the trunk with something other than the body color?

My car is black after all and various sheens or textures of black, if done tastefully, make for an interesting look.

I don't have any particular type of thing in mind so looking for interesting trunk treatments and photos are always nice so show off your trunks, LOL.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I was thinking of using Lizard Skin on my truck floor as well as the floor of the interior. You got me wondering if that would be a bad move.

Interested to see some pictures of what others have done.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I used Lizard Skin followed by light coat of Raptor. Figured to block sound and heat AND protect the inside if I use the trunk as a trunk.

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about this? Its a LLoyd mat. Looks like the wheel houses would need to be painted and the insides of the quarters appear to have been sprayed with some factory goop. I use the 3M undercoat goop and then shoot a gloss paint over it because I like the way it looks.

·
Registered
8,901 Posts
"Is it some kind of a sacrilege to spray the trunk with something other than the body color?"

Yeah, Pretty Much....lol...

The walls and interior of your trunk except your gas tank (which should be bare metal) should all be body color. If you want to do something different inside your trunk...Just add a new Original type Plaid Rubber Trunk Mat sold by NPD...and then put some nice carpeting over it and over the side if you still don't like the look... and leave the Original Body color alone.. Hey, It's a trunk...

:eek:)

Tony K.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Hey, It's a trunk...

:eek:)

Tony K.
Which is exactly why I added a plywood floor to even out the trunk floor from quarter-panel to quarter-panel, covered the plywood in black outdoor carpet, and then painted everything else in the trunk flat black! :pirate: Not as elaborate as others have done here, but it was cheap, took only a couple of hours, and serves me better every day I use it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts