Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any secret to paint the underside of the hood and trunk? im mainly speaking of the holes in the frame. you know what im saying? i dont know if there is a technical term. i just got the hood and trunk primed (finally) but cant really get to those holes without overpainting the entire area around the holes. so i kinda just painted what i could by going strait over. well sorry if this is confusing. and thanx for the help.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Are you painting the entire underside of the hood, or are you just trying to hit inside the hole. If you are painting the whole thing, try to adjust your fan down to a circle instead of oval. Then tap the trigger to throw paint in the hole. That should minimize the amount you get on the edges. After you get good coverage in the holes, readjust the fan and do the rest of the panel.

Coppertone's current condition:
http://www.knology.net/~dorner/images/doorsonright.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you're worried about getting too much around the hole edges, just mask 'em and paint the recesses first. make sure you get in at different angles to hit those areas that the factory missed. then unmask and paint the rest.
good luck
mike o

[color:blue]'65 wimbledon white original coupe I6
'99 silver convertible V6

Check out Mike & Jackie's '65 Mustang </font color=blue>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts