Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made it through the holidays and the event is only a few weeks away so it's time to start planning. I'd like to get a head/car count as soon as possible so I can know how big of a spot to get (how many cars) and how many burgers to bring. Time will be 10:00 to ?

I plan to get there early to secure a spot and to put up signs. I also plan to bring hamburgers, buns, condiments, and paper plates. This will be a pot luck so, for those of you coming, please respond with what you'll bring and try not to duplicate each other. I could use help with things like drinks (soda, water, etc.), snacks, side dishes such as potato salad, etc.

Thanks So Cal VMFr's

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I'm in. 10:00 sounds great.

I'll bring 2 12's of soda, and some chips and salsa. That cool?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm there Tracy, I'll bring some potato salad, hotdogs and buns.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I'm in Tracy. Lets see, sounds like you guys have it covered. I'll just bring myself and eat all your food ::!! Nobody has said water yet, so I will take care of that part, perhaps some if it may be tinted water, for those who are so inclined ;) Also a variety of chips to munch on while you chefs prepare our soy hamburgers and hotdogs.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I'm in. I don't know about the wife yet and hopefully the car will make it. The trans wouldn't go into gear on the first try last time I backed it out of the garage. :( I will bring what ever you guys didn't cover...are potato chips alright to bring and some sodas? Also, is anyone bringing condiments? I could bring those if not. I look forward to seeing you all there.

·
4,128 Posts
The temperature here in Cypress (I'm at work right now :paranoid:) is in the low 80's. :biggrin: Could we possibly have a day even close to this nice on the 21st. :highfive: fd
Tim

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Well, I might not make it now do to me being stupid and putting a crescent wrench through my nice $$$ aluminum Be Cool radiator. :pissed: I need to try to convince the wife to let me get a new one so I can come along. I wasn't happy with the one I had anyway, it fit strange. Hopefully I can make it happen to be there with a new fancy radiator and all!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I used the suggestion of a fellow VMFer to try epoxy (JB Weld) on the radiator and it appears that it fixed the hole in the radiator. I drove the car for about 45 minutes tonight and the temp needle didn't budge. I will definately be there now, with the car! :biggrin:

·
Registered
791 Posts
I had a hole in a top tank on a radiator and a radiator shop was able drain fluid and silver-solder the hole without removing the radiator from the car. I would look for a better repair than JB Weld for the long haul.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I have been unhappy with the radiator I have had for some time. I will replace it, I just didn't want to be forced to.

·
Registered
266 Posts
It looks like we have only 7 or 8 coming, It sure would be nice if more of the socal guys would come. This should really be a nice time to meet more VM guys. And of course its a great excuse to get the car out and go for a drive. It looks like the weathers going to nice and sunny.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Just got the news that one of my close friends mother passed away, and the services are on Jan 21. Sorry guys, I won't be able to make it.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
I'm hoping to, if I can get the car running. Carb problems have me benched at the moment. If I can, I'll check in later next week to see what I can bring along.
How many are bringing wives/kids?

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I want you guys to know that even if you don't have your car running, please still come if you can make it.

That way, you can tell those of us with cars how much better your's is... :joker:

Really though...just come...even if it's in a Chevy Silverado. Let me know that your coming so I have enough food. Wive's and Kids are welcome...i'm planning to bring my 3 year old son and my wife may come.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ill be there! I'll bring some more Sodas or any thing that's missing.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
OK, looks like I'll be coming, with or without the '66 (barring anything else unforeseen, like the flu that's slowly making its way through the whole family!)
What can I bring?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Glad you are coming Daniel. I have a couple of things for you, including that F-1 CD I never got out to you! Looking forward to seeing everyone. According to the latest weather forecast, should be nice and cool!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts