Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to adjust the equalizer to handle cable? Mine is now loose after my T5 swap. When I had my C4, the parking brake worked fine. After my T5 swap, when I reassembled my parking brake assembly, it seems like the front cable is too long. With the equalizer bar all the way back as far as it can go, I can pull the front cable a bit. It's possible the equalizer lever attachment on my new trans mount is slightly more anterior than the stock support. I have adjusted the nut on the equalizer rod and the rear cables are tight.

I never used the parking brake with the C4 but I always use a parking brake with a manual car so I'd like to get this working correctly.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind. Found on old thread with a pic and turns out My spring and equalizer rod were reversed.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
update. Everything is back together correctly except now I can barely pull the handle to a click. The equalizer rod is barely bolted on to the equalizer. When I had my C4in, I could screw in the nut for the equalizer bar an inch or so. Now, barely.

I still think the equalizer bar support on the T5 cross member may not be in the same spot as the C4 cross member.

Anyone who did a T5 swap have the same issue?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts