Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi VFM'ers. Still working on my paint prep. I got my top loader upgraded to a 5 speed and when the shop installed the hydraulic clutch it went into the space where the parking brake meets the firewall. Now the parking brake handle is not perpendicular to the dash. Here is a photo.

Has anyone dealt with this?

Thanks in advance.

Rodney

·
Registered
855 Posts
The shop that did the work. There is the problem. The job was to install the hydraulic clutch and nothing else. DIY I say.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was sort of my question. There doesn’t seem to be room for the parking brake and the clutch mechanism. maybe I could move them myself if there was a way they could both fit. This is modern drivelines kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
What year? MDL kit. We are not mind readers! You can add info in the signature portion of your posts. It helps a bunch!

I never touched my e-brake when I installed the hydro clutch on my 65.

·
Registered
35,272 Posts
You mean the bracket that attaches to the dash is now rotated counter-clockwise?

I'd remove the handle and disassemble, then slice off the bottom about 1" up the tube, rotate it to the "correct" position and use a short sleeve to attach the 2 pieces back together. Way easier than trying to undo the upper end.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry been away from VMF for a few months and just getting used to the new look and how to post photos etc. Don’t know how the unicorn got added. The problem is the parking brake got moved to the left where it meets the firewall and now looks ”crooked“ I.e. rotated counter clockwise. There isn’t room to move the handle left because the shaft will hit up against the fresh air vent. I will have to find the manual for the kit. Sure I have it somewhere. This is a 67 coupe that may have been automatic at birth.

did you mean “slice“ off the tube and reattach?

·
Registered
35,272 Posts
Sorry been away from VMF for a few months and just getting used to the new look and how to post photos etc. Don’t know how the unicorn got added. The problem is the parking brake got moved to the left where it meets the firewall and now looks ”crooked“ I.e. rotated counter clockwise. There isn’t room to move the handle left because the shaft will hit up against the fresh air vent. I will have to find the manual for the kit. Sure I have it somewhere. This is a 67 coupe that may have been automatic at birth.

did you mean “slice“ off the tube and reattach?
You mean I DIDN'T type "slice"? Keyboard cramps. LOL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts