Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed disc brakes on my 65 using Mustang Steve brackets with brand new calipers for a 2009 GT. I never have had the parking brake hooked up (car is not registered yet) but recently bought an electronic E-Stopp actuator and am now trying to figure out what cables I need that will mate to my calipers, what lengths do they come in so I know where to mount the E-Stopp actuator and where I can get them from.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Multiple ways to go here, Starting with cables for the 09. Universal cables. Custom built cables after you crawl under there and map it out with some string.

·
Registered
494 Posts
The Wilwood universal cables are your best best and are cut to length. There’s a few threads on here for installs of the estopp where you can see how they routed the cables. It’s fairly straight forward once you get the cable kit and you can see how easy it is to adapt.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Wilwood universal cables are your best best and are cut to length. There’s a few threads on here for installs of the estopp where you can see how they routed the cables. It’s fairly straight forward once you get the cable kit and you can see how easy it is to adapt.
Love you avatar...I spent 17 years in the Navy...enlisted/officer.

Thanks for the info...do the Wilwood cables have the correct ends on them for the calipers I have?

·
Registered
494 Posts
I don’t have a picture of your exact caliper but if it has that big ass spring on the back the cable hooks too then yes the Wilwood kit will work with that. It has adapters in it for most styles but that setup looks like the cable ferrule by itself would work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts