Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
35,508 Posts
Ever consider a 250# pull linear actuator connected to the rear cables with an appropriate spring? A little bracket fabbing... some wiring and a teeny little switch......

·
Registered
66 Mustang
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ever consider a 250# pull linear actuator connected to the rear cables with an appropriate spring? A little bracket fabbing... some wiring and a teeny little switch......
Isn't that essentially an E stop? But, yes I have.
I went ahead and cut them off, I need to get my exhaust routed up tighter and then work on e brake configuration.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
The easiest solution is to run the parking brake off the left drum only.

Reactions: cturboaddict

·
Registered
66 Mustang
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The easiest solution is to run the parking brake off the left drum only.
Never thought of that, but that is a pretty easy solution.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Thanks! I haven't ordered a driveshaft yet , but looking at a 3.5" from Dennys Driveshaft. If you decide to go with the EStopp, I can give you some pointers on the install.
I had Dennys Driveshaft make up a 3.5" aluminum driveshaft for my build. Custom front slip yoke to work with my 6R80. Good people to work with when you are able to get through to them. Very busy when I had my DS built last year. My DS turned out great, but not a quick process for me. If you are not in a hurry, I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
66 Mustang
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I had Dennys Driveshaft make up a 3.5" aluminum driveshaft for my build. Custom front slip yoke to work with my 6R80. Good people to work with when you are able to get through to them. Very busy when I had my DS built last year. My DS turned out great, but not a quick process for me. If you are not in a hurry, I highly recommend them.
Denny's is a great place with good pricing. Their lead time killed me, so I went local to Driveshafts Unlimited. Took them a day to make my custom steel shaft.

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
I used them for the driveshaft on my FFR Cobra, and was very pleased with it. On my '67, I need a custom built D/S because of the T56 slip yoke and the fabricated 9" rear and they seem to be most qualified with reasonable pricing.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts