Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Parking brake part q/t

838 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  65tang 
#1 ·
I am still on my search for this damn part! It's the piece that the emergency brake cable connects to inside the rear hub (crecent shaped). Mustangs unlimited told me that HELP (motormite) makes it, but I've been to every parts supplier in my area and haven't found it. However, today I cam across a 65 convertable at a bone yard and saw that the pieces I need are there, but on a 4 lug drum. My drums are 5 lug - 10 inch. Will these work on my car? Thanks - Chris

#2 ·
Chris, go to your local parts house and see if they can do a reverse search of the applications that your brake shoes apply to. (have them look up the number and that should list their applications) This way you can search for something other than a mustang for your part. BTW if you housing is 8" then most likely a piece from another 8" will work...

#3 ·
Are you talking about the part that is behind the shoe that gets pinned to the shoe or the little crescent shaped piece on the outside part of the shoe that gets held in by the return spring?

#4 ·
It's the part that's behind the shoe. Thanks

G
#6 ·
I seem to recall when I purchased new rear brake shoes for my 66 they came with the parking brake bars already attached to the shoes. If you have broken down the old set, just go ahead and spring for new brake shoes and the corresponding bar (with horseshoe clip...) should be attached as a unit.

#7 ·
Hollander says Comet 63-73, Cougar 67-69, Fairlane 63-69 Falcon 63-70, Maverick 71-73, and Mustang 65-72. These are applications that have the 10X1 3/4 shoes...

#8 ·
Awesome! Thanks for the help. I'll try to get my hands on one of these. Thanks again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.