Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I believe most States require the amber park/running lights on the front and red on the tail/running lights on the rear. White lights are generally reserved for fog, headllight or backup lights.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a 68 cougar with factory clear lens and amber bulbs. I tried them on my 65 mustang and they are exact fit. On the mustang I believe the amber lens are factory. But I put the clear with amber bulbs in for what I think is a better look.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I believe most States require the amber park/running lights on the front and red on the tail/running lights on the rear. White lights are generally reserved for fog, headllight or backup lights.
Yes, that's true. But cars that had clear parking light lenses specified NA (natural amber) bulbs. Like these nice lights used on some 69s and 70s;

·
Registered
410 Posts
You could always go with the LED conversion from fellow VMF member @navy GTO. That way, as a parking light t has a white lens, but then, when you activate the turn signal, the amber LED lights up giving you an amber turn signal. Best of both worlds – stock appearance and Amber turn signal all in one.

·
Registered
36,505 Posts
The 65-66 parking lamp lenses were all amber. The 67-68 Cougar used the same lenses, except clear. I have them on my 66, with amber bulbs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts