Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have reproduction front parking light lenses and screws on my '65 right now, and I am trying to find out what the correct screws look like so when I get my NOS lenses I will know if I get the correct screw with them: I have recently found some original screws from a '70s Ford Econoline and they look a bit familliar to me but I don't know if they are correct for a '65 Mustang-these have thread about 1/4" right at the end and a spiral looking pattern about 3/4" from there to the head.....are these right? anyone have a picture of the correct ones? Thanks!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A stumper may be?? I have seen a bad picture of the "correct" screws on an Ebay listing this morning and THEY look like these I've found from my old 1970 Econoline......I'm going to trial fit these and see what happens....

·
Banned
59 Posts
The original ones have no threads on them. they have spiral staircase tensioning threads. they were 65 only and phased out by mid 66

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think thats what I've found from the old van application...they sound exactly like what you are describing....I have tried these and they fit perfect.....are they available in reproduction?
Were these used from the begining of Mustang production until the '66s were started production?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While we are on this subject are these same screws used in the '65 Reverse light lenses as well?? seems like they would be??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts