Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
See if you're foot pump switch is plugged in on the lower left side of the floorboard. If it's unplugged the wipers won't park.
It would really help if you put your year/model and all important info (engine/trans, etc.) in a signature line to speed responses. There are a lot of differences from '64-'73.
Jon

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well that answers it I havent put my foot switch on yet so if I plug it in it might work?

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Isn't it odd that things work when all the parts are installed....lol Been there, done that on more than one item in my life.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
That should do it if the electrical part on the pump still works I'm assuming.
I can tell you I removed my pump for a rebuild and they didn't park once it was unplugged. When you actuate the foot pump it also turns the wipers on for one wipe while it squirts, sort of an ancient intermittent wiper. As intermittent as your left leg can handle...
Jon

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys are so right I just went out side and pull the floor pump out of the trunk and pluged it in. Guess what it works. so this must get mounted up on the fire wall just after the floor pan bends up. there was no floor there when I picked up the pump

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
JonK said:
As intermittent as your left leg can handle...
Jon
I use to tell friends that my car was able to sense when the windshield was wet. :pirate:
Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts