Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best place for parts in the LA area. There's Chuck's on Fairfax, but they can be spendy. Or is mail order the way to go? I need a bunch of little things like gaskets for tail lights and door handles.

Deke

·
Registered
247 Posts
Depending on how far you are from Ventura you can always take a drive up to NPD (NPDLink | National Parts Depot) there. Should have what you need but best to call ahead of time to make sure seeing you'd be driving in from out of town. I'm certain you're familiar w/them and know what they have so you can always make your trip worth it and put a nice shopping list together. Plus Ventura is a beautiful seaside community that you can easily spend a day at checking things out. There is also a place called Mustangs and More (http://www.mustangs-more.com/) also located in Ventura and run by my old HS band teacher Sue. They also offer resto services and can get you used OE parts in addition to all the new repop stuff. A little closer to you is the well known shop Mustangs, Etc (Mustangs Etc. - Helping Mustang Lovers Since 1976) in Van Nuys. They host a resto clinic for the Mustang Owners Club of CA every year and I was grateful to participate in my first one this past March. The owner took us on a very cool tour of their place including some nice cars they have in the shop and a walk thru their used OE parts inventory, that was incredible to see.

Best of luck in your parts search!

·
Registered
215 Posts
There is also California Mustang in the City of Industry.

I prefer NPD as they tend to stock more items.

Brian

·
Registered
438 Posts
South Eastern side- Classic Auto Supply in Pico Rivera (Passions and Telegraph) and Mustang Country International in Paramount (Lakewood Blvd south of Rosecrans). These have good stock, but I also like hitting the Long Beach High Performance Swap Meet and look for Linero Mustang. Swap is this Sunday May 10th (yes mothers day).

M

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
larry's mustang and thunderbird out here in corona, or in san bernadino mustang villiage...they've got used parts too

·
Banned
3,730 Posts
Mustangs only in Culver City but I really like Larry's in Corona

·
Registered
23 Posts
Theres also Arias Mustang on Florence in Huntington Park off the 110 fwy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts