Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on buying various items for my '65 coupe and am wondering if it's best to buy everything from one place or not. What I'm mainly wondering about is suspension parts, bumpers, interior kits and sheetmetal. I'd like to take advantage of free shipping where possible. Has anybody dealt with Laurel Mountain Mustang? They seem to have good prices and claim to offer excellent quality. Or should I stick with the big names such as Dallas Mustang, NPD, etc? I'm trying to avoid jap crap.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
My opinion is that:

1. For suspension it depends on if you are going for original type componentsor looking to upgrade. For original components, NPD carries good stuff (Moog for steering, original suppliers for springs, etc,) However for performance mods, Mustangs Plus is the place to go.

2. For everything else, it comes down to price and availability. Interior stuff is Dashes Direct, TMI, and everyone reputable uses the same stuff. NPD, Ponderosa, see who will work out the best deal if you buy it all at once!

Just my .02

Frank

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Ive spent thousands at laurel mountain mustang and have been very happy with the quality of parts and the service. Everything I received was the same quality brands you see everywhere else and without a doubt priced right .

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I purchased the midolyne front end suspension from LMM. I understand they get those parts from Canadian Mustang...I may be wrong. I know the sheetmetal comes from CM. Overall I'm happy with LMM. I still need to get the leaf springs from them also.

Have bought from LMM, Canadian Mustang, Products Unlimited, Mustangs Unlimited, and Ponderosa Mustang. Have been very satisfied with all of them. Ponderosa Mustang is second to none in interior restoration parts and common repro stuff. LMM is the suspension company for me, and MU is the engine and drivetrain supplier. All excellent businesses.

·
Registered
354 Posts
This morning I made a list of 32 items I needed to order and compared the prices between VA Mustang and NPD. Amazingly, the price difference was split almost equally into 1/3 of the time VA was cheaper, 1/3 of the time NPD was cheaper and 1/3 of the time they were the same. I saved almost $80 by shopping around. ::

·
Registered
625 Posts
Laurel Mountain is good. I just stopped in while on vacation and picked up the rear suspension kit. I was told the springs come from the origional suppliers Ford used. It looks exactly like the same springs carried by 2 other places I had shopped but the price is much better. I held off on some sheet metal parts until another supplier closer to home but when I got there, the items were "out of stock and no idea of when they would be in." Parts always not in stock is beginning to ruin me on some big suppliers faster than higher prices.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I like CJ Pony parts and Dallas Mustang but you sometimes hit the old back-ordered problem. I'll never buy anything from NPD again...drove 2 hours from Orlando to Ocala last Saturday to pick up one of those saddle consoles with the drink holder in it for my convertible. The counter service was absolutely horrid. After waiting 1/2 hr never got to speak to anyone and a couple ahead of me had been there another 1/2 hour. 7 customers in all. Then the ultimate insult some guy waltzes in hollers at the counter man and the guy immediately goes over and waits on him. I walked out disgusted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts