Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm such a dork! I made my hotel reservations for Hot August Nights and got a heck of a good deal at the Holiday Inn in dowtown Reno ... ~$50/night.

MYTOYS was amazed at the rate I got, and SacBill was trying to get the same rate and couldn't. I started walking Bill through how I'd made the reservations on line, and as I get to the date, I said July 9 ... NOT August 9!

So I got a really great deal on a hotel on a Tuesday night when absolutely nothing is happening. And the best part is ... the reservations, according to the website, cannot be canceled!

Where's that doofus award?

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Good one John, that's definitely an award winner, but ... do you have room left on your mantle for any more doofus awards?

Sooo ... what to do with a hotel room in Reno? Hmmm ... I know, you can sublease it out on an hourly basis to hookers!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Defendant: "Yes your honor, that's the only reason I had the hotel reservation!"
Judge: "And your former wife is absolutely wrong about the evil plans on that date?"
Defendant: "Yes your honor, I love my wife and would never turn to another woman!"
Judge: "So how do you explain the sheep, the video camera and the rubber boots?"

Defendant: "Well your honor, I was going to look at this Mustang so I took my boots and video camera...the sheep? Well, I confess! She looked at me in just that way........."

Judge: "Guilty!"

<grin>
/forums/images/icons/wink.gif
D

·
Registered
795 Posts
That is great!

We need a little humor today!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have gone to Virginia City Hill Climb events in Virginia City before. It is about 20 minutes drive to Reno, but you might have a better chance of getting a hotel room in Virginia City or Carson with a lot better rates. But you will have to account for the 1/2 hour or 45 minutes drive to your hotel rooms every night that you are there.

When I went to Virginia Ciry Hill Climb, I stayed in Holiday Inn in Carson wich was about 15 minutes drive to Virginia city. Cleaner and newer hotel and cheaper than Virginia City hotels.

Give that a try.
Amir

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Just think of all the heads you'll turn being the only classic car in Reno on July 9th! LOL

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Dork? At least you get to get away for a few days. haha Enjoy yourself. haha

ROTFLMAO. You guys are killing me!!!

G

·
that's a good one John./forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Talk to the hotel nice they might cancel it for ya.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Unfortunately, since Mustang Ranch is closed, there really is nothing for a Mustang enthusiast to do in Reno a week before HAN.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
can one up this - went to Fibre Optics Symposium to calif once. my secretarysaid it was in "OLD" capital of CA and i missed the OLD. landing on Sun PM headed for Sacramento and when ilooked for my motel no such thing. checked itinerary and found motel wa in Monteray - holy hell. was nice drive though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts