Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was working on cleaning the master cylinder and brake lines before the trip to Charlotte next week. It was after dark and I was using the dreaded drop light in close quarters. I first burned my forearm with a spot about the size of a quarter. I run inside to get the frozen gel pack and apply to minimize the damage. SWMBO asks what I've done this time. I said oh, nothing major. I go back outside and back to work. About 20 minutes later I'm back inside for the gel pack again. Only this time there's a silver dollar size spot in the middle of my forehead....and when I looked in the mirror the skin was gone. I thought I heard something frying. Ouch. SWMBO looked in amazment. I told her to mind her own business and that I was haveing fun. Five minutes of gel pack and I was back cleaning. The worst part was that I was sober and have no legitimate excuss. If anybody sees me in Charlotte with a big scab in the middle of my forehead, you'll know what happened. LOL By the way, the brake lines are the cleanest they've been since I owned the car.

·
Premium Member
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Several people at work suggested the same thing this morning after they had a good laugh. I believe it's time to retire my tried and true and get a flourescent this weekend.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Biggist issue I had (never gave it long enough to fry flesh) is that after it got hot I would bump the darn thing and blow out the bulbs. Went through three bulbs one night before I purchased the florescent one! Last bulb I've purchased for the garage in a year+!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts