Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the 69 Mach 1 all cleaned up and ready for a nice county road trip to play golf this morning. Went to open the passenger door to put something in it and hit the door handle button, and it popped open, but not enough to release the door. So now it is stuck in a latched position, it's closed, but has a gap in it like it isn't shut all the way. It won't shut all the way even though I tried pushing on the door and when I go to try to open it from the inside or outside there is little resistance on the button on the outside or lever/handle on the inside. You can basically push the button in with your pinkie and no pressure where it used to take a little force.

Any quick fixes to at least get the door open? I know I am probably going to have to pull the panel off but would prefer to do so in an open position rather than closed.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy

·
Registered
1965 Ford Mustang fastback T5 Ncas 9in Locker
627 Posts
Have you tried a slim jim like the police use to use when keys were locked in the car?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just now I stopped home and put my key in the door and locked and unlocked it. Now it's working fine. I'll have to still take it apart and look, maybe lubricate the mechanism, but at least it is working..... For now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts