Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Your propeller is clocked incorrectly. is this picture you have it clocked at the 1o'clock & 7 o'clock position. You need to rotate it to the 11 o'clock & 5 o'clock position and it will shorten the length of your arms allowing you to move your axle brackets inward a couple inches.. It SHOULD say in your instructions not to install it the way shown in this picture.
The instructions just say to mount the weld on link 14.75” from the wheel mounting surface. I cut it off yesterday and moved it in an inch.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Look at the location of my propeller. When installed properly the propeller and arms should resemble the letter "Z"
In order to clock the propeller as you suggest the OP would have to lengthen the Watts link brackets even further causing even more of an issue. If @Anangryford does as Shaun suggests, super pain in the butt that it will be, and move the drivers side bracket in, it looks to me like the issue will be resolved.
@Anangryford, in post 7 you meant 14.75" to the hub face with the rotor installed not the disk face?

·
Vendor
1966 coupe and 1970 sportsroof
5,384 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Moving the bracket in solved the issue I'm sure? If you need more help please let me know.
It did. It’s now 15.75” from the wheel mounting surface. The center link is still short of vertical though. Should I lengthen the links to make it vertical or just leave it where it is?

·
Vendor
5,384 Posts
It did. It’s now 15.75” from the wheel mounting surface. The center link is still short of vertical though. Should I lengthen the links to make it vertical or just leave it where it is?
Doesn't necessarily need to be vertical. 12/6, 1/7, 11/5 is all ok.

·
Vendor
5,384 Posts
Should I rotate the heim a few degrees to make sure it doesn’t bind? View attachment 798175
If that is your final ride height and you've adjusted the Watts Link bars to be parallel then yes, turn the heim body to be perpendicular to the clamp tube.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts