Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 1968 the Colorado Ford Dealers Association offerrd a special order "Passion Pink" Mustangs (Not to be confused with Playboy Pink). Does anyone have the build data on these "Pink" vehicles? How many were produced and in what configurations? Did they have sequential serial numbers? I may have interest in acquiring one of these rarities sometime in the future.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Sounds like part of the "Color of the Month" sales program for the spring of 68. Kevin Marti would be the best source as I'm uncertain if "Mustangs of a Different Color" registry is still in operation

Either way I would not expect to see sequential VINs considering the order/build process Ford used

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Welcome to the forum Yellowpony :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Actually, Pink was not one of the colors that the Denver district used as a Color of the Month. They had three different colors, the nearest to Pink was a Coral. However, there were other districts that used Pink for their Color of the Month programs.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Thanks Kevin ... so it must have been a single special order, single dealership or regional sale.

IF a sales prom then likely meant for Feburary? Ford/dealerships always loved those spring specials to help boost sagging sales

1 - 5 of 5 Posts