Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Along the lines of my previous post, the remaining .1% of the login problems I hear about is passwords not working. If you have forgotten your password, or aren't sure of it, all you have to do is go to the login screen, enter your username, and click "I forgot my password". The system will e-mail you your login information again.

Thanks!

-bob

·
Registered
676 Posts
When editing my profile, I have noticed that the space for the password has more *'s than what my password would have. Is this standard, or is there a different password there? I put my original password in there everytime I edit just in case it isn't the same.

RJ
68 Diamond Blue Coupe
Sprint Promotion A
289 2bbl with a C4

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
It appears that the password field is case sensitive (upper case or lower case) so be consistent and it won't be a problem

67 Vintage Burgandy 390GTA with most of the bells and whistles

·
Registered
676 Posts
The problem lies in not knowing what the * represents while you are in the edit profile area. The block where you can change your password always has more *'s in it than what my password would display if it were in those blanks. I don't want to exit and have a different password and not know it. And then have to go through all the Hoopla of trying to get my password.

Thanks for the reply....

RJ
68 Diamond Blue Coupe
Sprint Promotion A
289 2bbl with a C4

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Bob will likely have the definitive answer but I'll go out on a limb that the asterisks are just the way the software presents the field and not indicative of your actual character count...
I know it's way longer than my password....I've never touched it in all the editing I've done and it works just fine...

Back to school we go...*G*

Pat

http://www.jps.net/binay/webdocs/racecar_thm01.JPG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts