Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
We are headed there in the morning tomorrow. Hopefully there will be some structural steel we need for the 66. If not I will end up ordering stuff. We also stop at Giant Burger on the way home in Rhome. Great fresh real burgers none of that fake franken meat.

I am taking the trailer so if anyone else goes and wants to buy something big I can haul it home and you can pick it up from my place later or maybe I can deliver it. Shoot me a PM if you want my number.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was beautiful today. Light breeze. Cold beer. Doesn't get any better. I'll be there again tomorrow but probably walking around. The bid aftermarket guys are there and several individuals selling their hoards. We will have at least 3 Mustangs... my 68, a 67 vert, and a 66 coupe (if he can get it started) or his 2016 vert.

·
Registered
442 Posts
It was beautiful today. Light breeze. Cold beer. Doesn't get any better. I'll be there again tomorrow but probably walking around. The bid aftermarket guys are there and several individuals selling their hoards. We will have at least 3 Mustangs... my 68, a 67 vert, and a 66 coupe (if he can get it started) or his 2016 vert.
I will make sure to stop by and say Hi. I spent today helping daughter plant bushes and flowers in the front yard. She wanted to do it and bought all the stuff so I had to help out. Looks much better as there was nothing there before... Been going to pate since it was the real pate. I don't miss the gravel roads wet clay mud and hills though.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Well we have been back for a little bit. Getting out of the parking lot there is getting worse as the idiots leaving take up both lanes as they don't know that stripes on the road mean that there is more than one lane... Took the trailer and as usual came home empty handed just bought a can of body filler. We walked around 9 miles but still skipped a few areas. The only mustang dealer was obsolete/classic (whatever i just wish they would pick a name) from OKC and they didn't have any structural sheet metal on hand at all. Just a couple body skins.

We enjoy going to the swapmeets but I see the internet taking over for them too. If you are looking for obscure parts its still the place to go but for regular stuff you will end up ordering it online anyway. I would like to take my dad as we used to go every year but he just can't do the 8-10 miles of walking in the heat anymore and I can't see him on an electric cart.

Will probably make a trip to Menards in wichita,KS for insulation for the house (half the price locally saving several 100$) and stop by their store and pick up a few things like front floor supports and stuff.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Well we have been back for a little bit. Getting out of the parking lot there is getting worse as the idiots leaving take up both lanes as they don't know that stripes on the road mean that there is more than one lane... Took the trailer and as usual came home empty handed just bought a can of body filler. We walked around 9 miles but still skipped a few areas. The only mustang dealer was obsolete/classic (whatever i just wish they would pick a name) from OKC and they didn't have any structural sheet metal on hand at all. Just a couple body skins.

We enjoy going to the swapmeets but I see the internet taking over for them too. If you are looking for obscure parts its still the place to go but for regular stuff you will end up ordering it online anyway. I would like to take my dad as we used to go every year but he just can't do the 8-10 miles of walking in the heat anymore and I can't see him on an electric cart.

Will probably make a trip to Menards in wichita,KS for insulation for the house (half the price locally saving several 100$) and stop by their store and pick up a few things like front floor supports and stuff.
The mustang dealer from OKC sounds like Melvin Little. He's a pretty good guy however he had a jerk working for him last time I was there. I never went back or dealt with him after that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts