21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
Z a few years ago (2008) you wrote:

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/3782313-post2.html

Just curious why the difference.

Paul
Geez, two posts I made 8 years apart, both of which say you (likely) have to ding the cheap tri-y headers to get them to fit. What's the problem ? As far as I can see, I said the same thing both times, using different language. And both posts are referring to tri-y headers, not HiPo cast iron manifolds.

Z

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Geez, two posts I made 8 years apart, both of which say you (likely) have to ding the cheap tri-y headers to get them to fit. What's the problem ? As far as I can see, I said the same thing both times, using different language. And both posts are referring to tri-y headers, not HiPo cast iron manifolds.

Z
'Ding/no major surgery' vs 'dent with BFH' I took to be two very different things. Wasnt trying to get you upset just undertand why your take had changed. I can see now it hasnt.

And I never mentioned cast iron manifolds.

Paul

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Would someone please define what a "cheap Tri-Y" would be? I thought the Patriot Exhaust Tri-Y's didn't really fit that category, but was I mistaken? Also, money aside... what is the best fitting Tri-Y on the market?

Tim

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
Would someone please define what a "cheap Tri-Y" would be? I thought the Patriot Exhaust Tri-Y's didn't really fit that category, but was I mistaken? Also, money aside... what is the best fitting Tri-Y on the market?

Tim
Jim Cowles of Shelby Parts & Restoration makes the best ones in my opinion, $995 a set.

Z

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
'Ding/no major surgery' vs 'dent with BFH' I took to be two very different things. Wasnt trying to get you upset just undertand why your take had changed. I can see now it hasnt.

And I never mentioned cast iron manifolds.

Paul

Thanks for the clarification. I guess I'm now getting more upset that a person is expected to ding the headers than I used to be. Angry old man syndrome is setting in.

Yeah, you didn't mention cast iron manifolds, but the HiPo reference had me confused. (As opposed to upset)

Your pal,

Z.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
love an old thread...stangtim22, update us with what you wound up going with! Did you have to use a bmfh as many of us do or did you get something that just slid right on in!

·
Registered
806 Posts
love an old thread...stangtime, update us with what you wound up going with! Did you have to use a bmfh?
At least this one is only 4 years old. lol. I have seen people reply to older ones.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts