Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While perusing a couple of the shows (Hallmarks shelby show, and Power Tour) I notice I'm always drawn to the cars with Blowers.. I just love the look of the vintage paxtons and other centrifugals. Not so much for huge power, but the low end grunt, the look and the sound.

I think with my 331 I'm right at the edge compression wise (10:1) but with the Sniper, some boost timing retard and lower boost, I think it would work out.

Anyone else done this?

I'm guessing with the AC, I'll have to run the setup on the passenger side. But I think it would be fairly straightforward. A carb hat and pressure line. The blower itself and bracket and whatever pulley needed right? I could then slide in one of holleys distributors and let the sniper control timing retard too!

Pictures, info, thoughts, costs, places to look for blowers etc are all welcome.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
My setup with the Novi 1200, EFI and A/C:

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome! I see you've moved the battery to the trunk? Any other changes to fit the Novi over there?

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Awesome! I see you've moved the battery to the trunk? Any other changes to fit the Novi over there?
Thanks!

Just by choice, not necessity, I routed the SC air supply to the fenderwell. It get really hot under the hood and the cooler external air helps.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
E-mailed back and forth with craig at Paradise wheel. Looks like the 5.0L brackets will mount the Paxton on the passenger side and it should clear the battery, so long as I don't use the original style air inlet.

Also did some digging and noticed these were installed on K code 289's with a compression ratio of 10.5:1.. so mine should be just fine. Had a good look at the cruise in tonight at a guy with a modern paxton on his 69 Mach 1... Got some more ideas!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts