Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, it’s been a while, the 70 grande coupe is going to be getting Paxton novi 1200 installed in the next couple weeks. Purchase the kit from Jegs. Bought a quick fuel blow through carb. I’m having trouble figuring out what to do about the air fuel gauge I need to buy and boost. I think it would look best on the flat part below the speaker in dash pad. I have Dakota digital gauges but they do not make a air fuel gauge only a boost gauge. What I need help with is if someone’s done this before or has a better idea for which gauge or gauges would be best. I think AEM makes a fail safe gauge that does both but I can’t just stick one on dash pad that wouldn’t look right. Also has anyone installed one of these kits on there car, trying to figure out fuel pump and if it’s necessary for a blow off valve or not
Any advice would be appreciated
-Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
394 Posts
I think a blow off valve would be a plus theoretically, but only if you're ok with hearing the "exhale". I rode in a guy's '19 eco boost where he added it, and he thought it was the best thing ever. I thought it was mildly annoying. He explained it will help the engine's reliability, dumping the hot compressed air when not needed.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Wish I could help you on the blower. I know that kit only runs 7-9psi so I don't think you need one. I think those are more used on high boost turbo applications. Had a supercharged CTS-V that had a boost regulator but it was internal to the blower (inside the V). Never heard it even during dyno sessions.
<style></style>

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think a blow off valve would be a plus theoretically, but only if you're ok with hearing the "exhale". I rode in a guy's '19 eco boost where he added it, and he thought it was the best thing ever. I thought it was mildly annoying. He explained it will help the engine's reliability, dumping the hot compressed air when not needed.

Yeah when I talked to Paxton they said anything over 6 psi needs the blow off, this particular blower claims it can handle up to 22psi which I will never do, my goal was anywhere from 6-10 but I’m probably going to run it on the stock pulley it came with see what I get before I get crazy. I don’t care for the noise of the blow off but if it has to be done so be it. The gauges problem is where I’m really stuck and don’t know how to proceed.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What do you guys think about the wide ban with boost gauge it’s called a fail safe gauge maybe tucked in corner of driver side pillar?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I thought it was somewhat irritating. He clarified it will support the motor's unwavering quality, dumping the hot compacted air when not required.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts