Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those contemplating putting one of these in your car, you might want to read this one. I bought mine through CantedValve and my experience with him was excellent. I am a little surprised about Paxton however. I have a 302 from a '72 and had issues with v belt pulleys (I did not have any) so I opted for serpentine system instead (86-93 5.0). My paxton was setup for EFI so there was no problem with everything lining up. My issue were on two items. The bracket for the engine block and that was written up in the last M&F issue. I needed to oblong one of the hole locations...not a big deal. The other issue was the inlet air intake tube. There was not enough room between the shock tower and the blower. It was half the size of the tube. I called Paxton and they had two solutions: connect the air filter to the back of the blower/above the headers??? (It is based around cold air not hot air) or one guy used a vortech 90* intake tube. He went on to say that they knew about the fitment issue and was not going produce anything to solve the problem for at least two months. I felt like it was beginning to sound like FR and their rack issue. If you look at their ad in the magazines, you will see the filter on the back side of the blower.

So, I chose to bring the original tube with me that I cut in fit the opening of my fastback and took it to a vortech supplier in my area. I looked it over and brought the vortech 90* air intake tube home - if you need a pic go to google and type in capa/vortech 90* tube. Needless to say, everything fits perfectly. The air filter is in the old battery location and the vortech air intake is shaped to not only fit the blower and wrap around the blower but elongated the tube allows for the proper location for the air filter.

I will provide pics tomorrow for those interested and hope this helps others thinking about doing this.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Cant wait to see the pics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts