Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
That idea looks good but no price yet. Those brakes could give a person nose bleed. With the front and rear brakes and a set of tires to match, 60 - 0 times would be scary. It will be high on my wish list for my next project for sure.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Wow, those things would really make your pony go Whooooooo.
I'm curious what the package would sell for, and what a set of calipers cost.
Sure would look nice on the front though!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Good find Bill. This is kinda were I was going a week or so back when I asked if aftermarket calipers would fit stock rotors. Unfortunately I have 72 Mustang disc brakes.

I wonder how close Granada and 72 Mustang brakes are????

Jeff

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The PBR calipers are used on the baer track kit, probably would stop very well. Not sure if the Granada
spindles are similar to the Mustang or not. I have PBR calipers on 70 Mustang spindles (useing SSBC brackets) The brackets are alot different then the ones on that link..

http://www.289mustang.com/images/suspension6.jpg

·
Administrator
19,319 Posts
That's what's going on my 67. Basically because I had these Granada spindles, and there were these '00 Mustang calipers I get get dirt cheap (with 942 actual miles).Soo... My father in law is a machinist and whipped up the brackets for me. He said that the supplied plans from the website weren't particulary accurate. He used them as a general guide and just built the brackets to fit. The spindles are completely assembled but it will be quite a while before I get to install and test them. I'm holding off until I collect all the new suspension parts so I can do all the front end at once.
I'm still not completely convinced about the sufficiency of this setup and will treat the hybrid brakes as experimental.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have the subject brakes on my '65. I have the '74 Maverick master cylinder on the car. I don't think it's enough. I can lock up the rears and fronts don't feel like they're doing much.

They look cool though behind my Torque Thrusts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts