Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a window pop up saying something like "Youve been caught" It had my server and ISP number.My brand of PC I use and my operating system I am using.It implied that I was useing Explorer 5.0 illegally.Isnt this stuff free? I got it off the net.I xed the window out...figured it was someone trying to get money out of me.Im not doing anything wrong am I?

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
According to the windows user guide avaliable at the Internet Explorer page that will only pop up if you're viewing elicit photos of German Poop Videos. Shame on you Jim!

/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
0 Posts
Don't worry about it. Just one of the millions of pointless pop-up ads. Even if you did get it off illegally I don't believe they would come and find you.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Dont worry about that, just stupid pop up. That info is easily available for other computers to look at, so no worry.

·
Moderatly Old Fart
4,428 Posts
Internet Explorer is FREE if you have a Windows license. Just down load it from Microsoft. We all have the license if you have a PC.

That license is sort of like paying Firstone a tire fee for every car built and then putting another brand on. I am not sure if Microsoft gets a license fee for each PC built but they used to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts