Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone uses one of the two tapped holes in the runners for cylinders 4 and 8 (of a 289) to connect the PCV. It seems the particular cylinder would run a bit lean if the PCV were connected in this fashion, rather than through a carb spacer which would distribute the PCV gasses to all cylinders. Most likely no big deal, but was gonna make a few changes on my car and may use one of the Performer's ports.

G

·
0 Posts
most carbs OEM or aftermarket come with a pcv vaccum port so why not use it i use the holes on the intake for brake booter and the tranny vaccum modulator and if you do put it on the intake vaccum to pcv those clinders will run lean

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've obtained and rebuilt a 4100 which really doesn't have a suitable PCV port. I have a stock 4bbl spacer with port, but after careful measuring I'm concerned about the air cleaner rubbing on the underside of the hood. Plus, I'll be using a 1/4 inch aluminum plate to seal the carb to the intake since the side rails from Edelbrock are too stinking narrow thus causing a leak. In other words, I'd rather not use the spacer.

·
Registered
329 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts