Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daily question, yes I will owe all of you a ride when I get done!! Where does the pcv hose connect to? The back center of the carb....the air filter which has a similar fitting???? The old hose connected to the spacer underneath the carb....I have the carb connected directly to the edelbrock performer manifold....ah, could it connect directly to the manifold......as you can see, too many choices so which one?

Sanford

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
If you have a fitting on your carb spacer I'd use that one, but I think you're telling us you no longer have that spacer. I've found you can use either the center front port or the center rear port. I use the rear because it's out of the way. I've found it doesn't really make a difference which is used.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I am just kind of guessing here, not 100% sure, but I think it connects to the air cleaner. I am sure that somebody else will correct me, but that is what I would do.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice photo. Are those wheels original FOMOCO 5 spoke aluminum? Best regards John

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really don't know if they are Ford Org. They are not org for the car. I think that style wheel first came out around 70. But thanks for the comment, they were heavily oxidized and corroded when I got them. I have probably hand polished them 30/40 times each! Another 10 and they will be where I want them!!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
i have an edelbrock 1405 and the pcv connects to the large nipple on the front of the carb.
if you aren't sure you could email edelbrock tech and they will respond within a day. they are very prompt

·
Registered
286 Posts
You're exactly right. I just returned my brand new Edelbrock 1406, and if I was going to put it on, the fuel went into the top back left (if you were looking from the radiator at it mounted) and the PCV valve goes into the bottom front... Just below the red "edelbrock" emblem.

If you are going to hook up the PCV valve to the spacer or air cleaner, you will have to block up this hole!

Hope it helps!

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
I believe the air cleaner housing connection is for the hose off the breather cap in the driver's side valve cover. The PCV valve fits in a rubber grommet in the rear of the passenger side valve cover and a hose goes from there to the back of the carb. I had an Edelbrock 1406 and hooked the pcv valve to the rear and plugged the front. That way I could use the factory "s" (more or less) shaped hose. Now, with my Speed Demon carb, I hook to the rear of the carb- at its base - but there is barely room to fit the hose beneath the float bowl. Had to whittle down the hose to fit. It's a PIA when changing jets as everytime I pull off the float bowl, the PCV hose pops off and is hard to put back on. OH well. This is for a 70 302, if that makes a difference. good luck!

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Because I replaced the Ford aluminum spacer (with an integral full-time vacumn port) with a phenolic spacer (no nipple), I bought a brass fitting to thread into the rear center port (at Checker/Shucks/Kragen about $2) - because that most-closely replicates the factory set up. I capped the center front port.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts