Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
21,334 Posts
I was running Crane Cobra 1.7 roller rocker arms for a while. I ended up taking them off and putting the stock stamped steel rockers back on my GT40P. I found the aluminum rocker arms very noisy. I thought it was my set but checking around on Corral it seems to be the norm. Anyway I find the simple, stamped rockers work great. I didn't notice any difference in power. IMO unless you're running a big cam that needs the additional travel, adjustability and geometry, I'll stick with stock rockers.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was running Crane Cobra 1.7 roller rocker arms for a while. I ended up taking them off and putting the stock stamped steel rockers back on my GT40P. I found the aluminum rocker arms very noisy. I thought it was my set but checking around on Corral it seems to be the norm. Anyway I find the simple, stamped rockers work great. I didn't notice any difference in power. IMO unless you're running a big cam that needs the additional travel, adjustability and geometry, I'll stick with stock rockers.
So maybe something like this?

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
I also have the Scorpion full rollers for my GT40 heads.

You would also need taller valve covers which can be pretty pricey.

If you're just driving around town and not doing any high RPM/racing activity, they're not going to do much for you.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I also have the Scorpion full rollers for my GT40 heads.

You would also need taller valve covers which can be pretty pricey.

If you're just driving around town and not doing any high RPM/racing activity, they're not going to do much for you.
Correct. The stock valve covers didn’t work for my cam too. You could remove the baffles to make it work but I would not recommend to go this route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,334 Posts
I have a set of 1985 Mustang Powered by Ford aluminum covers. Edelbrock makes 3/8" cork valve cover gaskets. They were $10 from AutoZone. That's what I used initially. I had a couple rocker arms barely hitting the baffles. OMG it sounded like my motor was going to barf it's guts. I added another stock gasket. That fixed it but I was getting oil through them. Finally threw in the towel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts