Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a thread posted by another VMFer who used Peel Away 7 to remove the old undercoating and paint from inside his wheel wells and had favorable comments about it. I needed to do the same process to mine so I thought I would try it. I contacted one of my painting contractors to see if he had ever heard of it or used it. He said yes and even had two containers of it still sitting in his shop that I was welcome to. Very Cool.

I have to say the stuff did a great job. You just slop it on and cover it with this tyvek type paper they supply and let it sit for 24 to 48 hours. It doesn't have a horrible smell or burn you if it touches you like some other paint removers. The undercoating and paint just peeled off with a hand scraper. Wash down with water and a scrub brush. I'd post pics, but I do not know how. I highly recommend this stuff.

Mark

·
Registered
565 Posts
I thought this stuff was for furniture and it worked well on your car? Is this good for just the undercoat or can it be used on the rest of the car?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know about the rest of the car, but it was excellent all the caked on junk in the wheel wells.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts