Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My horn that is. Apparently while aligning the mustang, they broke the plastic ring on my horn. When they were finished, they parked it out back to wait for my return. Apparently the horns started going off after a while, and it seems as if they burnt out both of my horns! They swear that it wasn't their fault, but any guy who knows their car would know something like that was wrong. A/NYWAY, when I picked it up all the horns would do was vibrate a little. Are they rebuildable? Could they have damaged the circuit breaker in the headlight switch that provides current? Why when I hook up a newer style horn to test it does it not seem like it is getting enough voltage? Any help is appreciated, but I'll figure it out if not. What ever happened to honesty with people? UGH.
T

1966 C-Code Convertible, 59 Edsel Villager
Charlotte, NC
New Cars Have No Soul.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not yet. Just got it back. Too dark, too pissed off... I appreciate the thought though. I'll do that first thing when I get home tomorrow.

1966 C-Code Convertible, 59 Edsel Villager
Charlotte, NC
New Cars Have No Soul.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Will be in your fair city tomorrow. Going to Harris Mustang then to Hooters! My two favorite places :) So if you see a red 66 in town tomorrow it'll be me.

66 Coupe, 302, Auto, 3.25 gears. [color:red]Candyapple Red</font color=red> with White Pearl Stripes. Cragars.
http://web.infoave.net/~ronniek

·
Registered
673 Posts
Boobies, Boobies, Boobies, Boobies, Boobies, Boobies, Boobies, Boobies, Boobies, Boobies, Boobies, Boobies, Boobies, Boobies, Boobies, Boobies, Boobies, Boobies, Boobies, Boobies, Boobies, Boobies, Boobies, Boobies, Boobies!!!!!!!!!!

Ya gotta love Boobies!

Thespazardman

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Kind of reminds me of the Ford dealer in Yreka, Calif. The Family '65 Ford Ranch wagon was bucking and missing really bad every once in a while as we were heading north on I-5. Finally we pulled it into the Ford dealer since we didn't know any reputable mechanics in town. They monkeyed with the car and when we got back they said it was the rotor riding up in the distributor. As we pulled back on the interstate we noticed the horn ring was askew. Yup, they busted the horn ring retainer and just bailing wired the horn ring back on. And they didn't fix the problem. We diagnosed the problem as a bad lead from the distributor to coil and replaced the horn ring retainer with a new one - it's the same part the '65 Mustangs used.

Sorry for the length but there are bean brains everywhere, even where there shouldn't be any...

Regards,

Dean T

Shikatta Ga Nai - "It cannot be helped"

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
IMHO Pep Boys hires some of the biggest yahoos in New Orleans as "service techs" - what a joke.

I will never bring one of my cars to them for anything.

I visited an Auto Zone earlier this week looking for axle bearings. While they did not have them in stock, the guy was nice enough to refer me to a great little shop that did, and would press them on for almost nothing. I'll visit Auto Zone again. Dickson

1965 GT fastback
There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
couple years back,,,
i was pulling my lil boat out of the water and both tires..not just one..fell right off the rims..
i knew someone elkse that had a 69 mach 1..
took it to them for new tires..
well on the way home the rear tire fell off the car...
crashed the car...and the peppy boys didn'rt want to take responsibility..
he had to take them to court...
yea..they made sure the lugs were on tight..yup..
pep boysd pep boys...
go go go..
take the customer for a ride..and then pretend ya don't know!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i bought some wheels and tires from pep boys and when they put them on they used a damn impact wrench to torque the lugs. to now they are all imbeded in my wheels. didnt notice till i took them off to work on the brakes, suspension and whatever else i end up doing everyday. so now they are rusting around the lugs and the lugs are rusting. really pisses me off.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Took em a steering pump to have the pulley removed on a Sunday (only choice). Came back a couple of hours later and was told it was too 'fused' to remove and was handed back the pump with vice-jaw dents on two sides and a pulley that could wind a baseball.
Pep Boys has since left town around here because the competition drove them out after about sixteen months.
Good riddance.

http//usn.tripod.com/mustang.GIF
"Sometimes a man's life can depend on a mere scrap of information."-The man with no name

1 - 11 of 11 Posts