Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1966 GT 4spd
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know this is a bit weird, but whenever I look at my Mustang, I think its definitely not low enough( I think I have lowered just about every car I have owned).

I have a relatively new Mazda6 that I lowered a few inches(2 plus inches?) and never think that its not low enough as I look at it or approach it. SO, I lined them up nose to nose and surprisingly they are not that far off from each other. Biggest difference is how much lower the rocker panel/bumpers are on the Mazda which throws off my perception. But overall hood height, roof line etc are pretty equal between the two. I could probably go a little lower in the front but not much more.

Anyway I found it interesting.

Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Sky

Chris

·
Registered
1966 GT 4spd
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stance is perfect,,,
Hood gap on the other hand (lol, just kidding),,,
I know....lol The paint job is ancient and I have been lazy about trying to adjust it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
No no, was trying to make a joke (related to another thread).
Your car looks great from where I'm sitting,,,
Something for me to aim for, thats for sure

·
Premium Member
7,834 Posts
Gotta worry more about the power steering lines than the headers. Modern cars are deceptive in appearance with shorter windows, taller doors, lower rockers and bulging front and rear bumper covers. And for the most part, they're junk.

·
Registered
1966 GT 4spd
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It’s the low life or no life!

Both cars look excellent

Sent from the interwebs... where else?
Truth!

Thank you, although it may seem I'm looking for compliments, I am not(appreciated though!!). Just needed a reference point to calm my madness about whether my Mustang was low enough and share my insanity with all of you.

Chris

·
Registered
1966 GT 4spd
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No no, was trying to make a joke (related to another thread).
Your car looks great from where I'm sitting,,,
Something for me to aim for, thats for sure
Oh yeah!! The judges one!! Well my hood is lifted in the back and a guy in car pointed it out to me at a stoplight.

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
It’s the same height is mine and as low as you can go without “issues”. Of course you could always bag it!

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
You know....before I installed the SoT front suspension I was rolling the car around my garage on stock I6 springs with 1.5 coils cut off(mainly so I could install and remove the springs without a coil compressor hassle). It was slammed on whatever the stock I6 wheels were, 13s? I had roughly 2.5" from the header collector to the ground. When I put on the SoT suspension and the 16s my car sits roughly equal to yours and my header collector to ground clearance increased to nearly 5" but you are right, there is something about the car that just doesn't appear as low as others that are the same height...funny you should bring up the Mazda, my Mazda 6 also sits the same height as yours and it also looks lower than the Mustang even though I know its ground clearance is about the same.

·
Registered
1966 GT 4spd
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Dimples
6,314 Posts
Newer cars have larger wheel openings that generally go deeper (higher up) relative to the bottom of the car. For instance, just look at the difference between the two cars pictured when you focus on the measurement between the lowest point on the front of the car and the top of the wheel arch.

I agree though, that 66 has a great stance.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Your Mustang's stance is perfect, and the wheel/tire package really highlights the car. Oh, and the paint color - thumps up.

Reactions: Badbenz94

·
Registered
1966 GT 4spd
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
duplicate post

·
Registered
1966 GT 4spd
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks great......drive the snot out of it.
I drive it like a daily driver!

But, Midwest so it’ll be put away for the winter before we know it.

Chris

Reactions: ophthos
1 - 20 of 33 Posts