Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot believe I finished putting in my new "Perfect fit" A/C system. I had to wait over 2 weeks to get the system once I ordered it. Then when you received the system for a 71-73 mustang be ready to make lots of calls to the company. All the instructions I received were in black and white photocopies and were for a 1970 mustang. They lined out the parts for the 70. It had arrows pointing to places in the pictures but since the pictures were black, all I saw was the arrow. I had to modify the A/C bracket and I think they had my 2 year old nephew write the instructions it had some "NOT ALL" the pictures. I guess they ran out of film and had to make do. However, the Tech line was great. I order new instructions 2 weeks ago still have not received them but finished it anyway.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Is that the system from the company here in Tampa, Fl? I've heard the system is great but the instructions stink. Trust me, if you saw their 'shop', you would understand. How hard was the install, I'm thinking summer may implore me to get one here in Fla.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
THE PERFECT FIT NAME SOUNDS TO ME LIKE THE VINTAGE AIR , BUT THE INSTRUCTIONS SOUND LIKE THE CLASSIC AIR IN TAMPA. (Sorry I'm not shouting, SWMBO always leaves the caps lock on when she leaves the computer) I installed the classic air and I had a little trouble with the instructions but I managed to get it done with only 1 small error. I used some O rings on a few fittings that didn't require them. Turns out there were way more O rings in the kit than required, which kinda threw me off. The only thing I would do different , would be to cut out the cowl tophap and fiberglass or weld in metal to permanetly fix that side of the leaky cowl, prior to installation of the blower unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts