Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I prepare for the cleveland swap, one of the non-motor parts I wanted to get for my 6000 mile C4 is a hardened input shaft. I've read several sources that identified this as the weakest part of a C4.

I ordered one from performance automatic in gaithersburg, MD online on monday. It came this morning! I consider it cheap insurance ($94.70) not to have to pull the tranny twice to run a 351C.

I was just telling someone I work with that 2/3 the cost of this engine buildup is durability, not power....guess I'm just fanatical that way.

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
I agree...good insurance behind a medium block...if I ever convert to the later pump in the race car C4, I'll get one too. They don't make one for the early pump (24 spline) that I know of..

I was just telling someone I work with that 2/3 the cost of this engine buildup is durability, not power

You know the secret to being comptetitive....just add a little experience and you'll be right there...
Durability is the main reason I have always spent around 10.00/hp when building engines...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts