Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1966 coupe with a 351 windsor. It has dual exhaust, glass packs, a 3 speed automatic but i am going to put a 4 speed manual in. What would you suggest for performance cylinder heads?

Thanx
Nathan

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have the Edelbrock 6035 series and can't say enough good about them. They were about $1100/pair complete from Summit Racing.

Randy House

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
I have a 1966 coupe with a 351 windsor. It has dual exhaust, glass packs, a 3 speed automatic but i am going to put a 4 speed manual in. What would you suggest for performance cylinder heads?

Thanx
Nathan
1. need to know your budget.

2. what rear gears do you have?

3. why not a 5-speed?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1200 would be my limit. on the back i have 4.11 gears on a 9" rear end. I had heard that it was alot more complicated going from a 3 speed automatic to a 5 speed manual than 3 to 4, but if it isn't id go with the 5 speed in a heartbeat.

Thanx Nathan

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
1. for that $$$ I would recc E-boks or Roush 200s (Darts, Windsor Srs, whatever they are calling them these days).

2. I converted from a C-4 to T-5. Not any more trouble, esp with a cable clutch setup. The overdrive would REALLY help that 4.11 problem you have there :: Several other folks here have done this as well.

·
Registered
466 Posts
i got roush 200, good set of heads just watch out that you dont get screwed by their horrible service.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if i went to a 5 speed wouldn't i want something more along the lines of 3.70 gears than 4.11 gears?

Thanks
Nathan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts