Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '70 Boss Trans Am replica project is in full force, I've got the car stripped down, and a brand new high performance 302 ordered. Cage starts getting welded next week.

I want to keep a steady supply of parts coming in (without looking at my credit card statement!), and suspension parts are probably next. Where is the best place to order springs and leafs? Some vendors simply say that they carry "race" springs, with no indication of true lb. rating or drop. The only vendor that I found with specific information is one that I heard WAY too many bad stories about. Any suggestions?

BTW, I requested templates from Opentracker, and they showed up THE NEXT DAY! Thanks John, you're the kind of person that makes this hobby fantastic! I'll be ordering your spring perches soon! Max

·
Supporting Vendor
3,961 Posts
Sacramento Mustang should be able to help. I have herd only good things about them.

I rebuild rear leaf springs to get the ride height and spring rate I want. It takes a lot of time but it's free.

The front springs are never the right height out of the box. I always have to cut some coil to get the ride height I want. We use a 600lb spring or less on the street and a stiffer spring on the track. IMO, it's as important what you do with the springs after you get them as where you got them. Solid greasable bushings could be used in the rear leafs. A full roller front end could be used up front along with custom fit springs. I have not tried them but I hear the progressive coil springs work well.

John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts