Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got it installed, but I still need to do the "Whisperer" mod. I'll see if I can get it to run without this mod but I will definitely do it in the next few days. The question I have is how important is the 0.030" gap? I can't seem to get it. My gap is more like 0.015". How will this affect the performance of the Pertronix?

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. The mod is to get rid of the stinking points *G*. The instructions call for a 0.030" gap between the module and the mangnet. I just need to know if this gap is super critical or not.

·
Registered
10,136 Posts
See the thread from earlier this morning. It was said there that the gap was not terribly important, that you just need to make sure the pickup does not contact the magnetic ring.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just installed one in my 65 inline and had the same question except I had much MORE gap. The car runs GREAT!! It only took me a few minutes to get those #$**&^ points out and put in the module. In the 200 engine, I just used the pivit hole and a mounting hole for the screw.. Ran the wires to the coil and put the roter and cap back on and went for a drive.. NO problems. I still have the original coil and will keep it since the system is working ok.. Martin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts