Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are at it again just got an email stating i'm over the free limit of bandwidth and I "NEED" to give them $4.72 a month :bs:
I have all my pics rescued from that site ,so not going to happen :|

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why use a site like photobucket? All my pictures are locally stored and posted...

Serious question btw...

Allen
I don't/haven't used them since they started being stupid ,I do have all my pics stored but sometimes a hosting site is easier to post pics .I'm using Imgbb.com for now

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I don't/haven't used them since they started being stupid ,I do have all my pics stored but sometimes a hosting site is easier to post pics .I'm using Imgbb.com for now
Not an argument by any means but I literally send my pictures to my email, save them to the desktop on my laptop and rename them then drag and drop them in my post. What's easier about a website that you save it to? Don't get me wrong, I've never been able to post a picture that will fill the whole screen on VMF but never had the desire to either. I have found that when send to my email it asks do you want to reduce the size, I get the best results when I do...

Just an observation, I know some of it is what we know how to do, so that makes it easier...

Allen

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not an argument by any means but I literally send my pictures to my email, save them to the desktop on my laptop and rename them then drag and drop them in my post. What's easier about a website that you save it to? Don't get me wrong, I've never been able to post a picture that will fill the whole screen on VMF but never had the desire to either. I have found that when send to my email it asks do you want to reduce the size, I get the best results when I do...

Just an observation, I know some of it is what we know how to do, so that makes it easier...

Allen
Right click ,save address come back here right click paste using this

·
Registered
676 Posts
For those still wishing to continue online hosting of your pics, I have been using IMGUR for almost two years now, no issues or attempts at extorting money from me. Just an option for consideration. The only downside of switching is that you cannot edit your posts as you would have to replace the photobucket links with those from IMGUR.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Imgur is good but I cannot knock a company trying to make a few bucks but, alas, I am a capitalist through and through.

·
Dimples
3,757 Posts
Hosting as opposed to attachments just provides a better experience for everyone.

I too switched to imgur when PB lost their minds and its been fine.

Imgur is good but I cannot knock a company trying to make a few bucks but, alas, I am a capitalist through and through.
I don’t disagree philosophically, but the way PB hosed 15 years worth of forum photos and useful reference is downright sinister. They could have found a better way to monetize or add a valuable service worth paying for, but pulling the plug like they did... just wrong.

·
Administrator
19,793 Posts
I think Patrick is on to your roof spoiler aerodynamic cheat there 2nd. I don't believe that "It's a sunroof, it was on there when I bought it" line is going to hold up much longer.

·
Dimples
3,757 Posts
Obviously not for me, so that negates the "everyone" comment. Maybe it's everyone but me...

What do you not like about my attachments? Or attachments in general?

Allen
Ok, how about, “better for everyone else”?

Attachments are a pain. The tiny thumbnail isn’t as good to look at and having to expand them is a pain, especially on mobile.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Ok, how about, “better for everyone else”?

Attachments are a pain. The tiny thumbnail isn’t as good to look at and having to expand them is a pain, especially on mobile.
So my attachments are small? Asking about mine specifically because I thought they came across in correct size?

Example attached.

Allen

Attachments

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
They're not small, but they are smaller than the original size. I've noticed this on my attached pics too.

If you link to a hosted image, it can apparently be as big as it wants to be and will show that size.

If you attach the image it will show up scaled down a bit (640x480 maybe?) and then when you click on it you'll see it full sized. These scaled down pictures used to be a whole lot smaller but they're a lot better now.

At least that's how it looks to me for your picture and when I attach my own.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts