Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
19,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After today's session, I think I finally have physical therapy figured out. When you first start out, you can't do much, so it's kind of like the Daily Driver class at a show. You're functional, but some parts could use some work. So, as you work at it, you progress through Street Driven, Occasional Driver, and on to Driven Concours. Each time when you think, alright, I'm looking good, running right, and doing everything I'm supposed to, the carrot is dangled a little higher and you have to reach for the next plateau. Today, I had two therapists working with me and I swear I'm now at the Concours Trailered level. The only problem is I hurt, I could really use some drugs, and I'm back walking with a cane, I'm so tired and sore.

Sheesh, they better not push me up to the Thoroughbred level next week as this filly is getting worn out. Sometimes, I think I was better off as Unrestored. ;)

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I think a glass wine (only 1, if you are taking meds) and good soak in the tub are in order. Sometimes it's hard to tell if someone is trying to help you or hurt you. ::

·
Administrator
19,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a good idea. :) After the PT session, I then spent an hour in the pool doing therapy (do that three times a week), so that helped a little as it's quite warm. Today, they hooked me up to a big elastic band that was attached to the wall and I had to walk pulling it. I felt like singing, "Mule Train!" ::

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Hm, they both sound painful! Glad to hear you're on track and hope the PT folks are closet sadists...

Regards,

Dean T

·
Administrator
19,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You bet! However, I had a friend tell me today that I should just consider myself in the modified class. ::

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
I can't type or proof read. Sigh.

Speedy recovery,

Dean T

·
Administrator
19,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:: :: :: ::

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
So if we follow the analogy to it's logical conclusion based on the progression you outlined, what you're really saying is that MCA showing will make your car progressively less functional?

Well, OK, that makes sense! So the moral of the story is, stop going to physical therapy and you'll get rid of the cane in no time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts