Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't remember the last time I actually raced someone anyway. It's gotta be going on 15 years.

In any case, I was headed to work today, and a civic with a giant aluminum wing (literally above the roofline of the civic) comes up behind me, cuts in front of someone in the next lane, goes past me, and cuts in front of a few more people, tailgating all the way.

He eventually got stuck behind someone ahead of me in my lane, and I jumped into the next lane to make sure he wouldn't have an opportunity to get around them so easily. I managed to pass him (not speeding, just going as traffic allowed) and made sure he saw me pointing at his giant wing and laughing my a$$ off.

Once I was past him, he made some more in-and-out maneuvers to make sure he could pass me again, and as he pulled past I could see him leaning over the passenger seat, all spiky haircut and youthful rage, pointing at me and giving me the finger. I just laughed some more, which seemed to get him even more engraged, at which point he took off with a blat-a-blat-blat, cutting in and out of traffic some more. Oooh! He's going 75! Wow!

It really made my morning that much more pleasant to be able to get his goat. ::

p.s. Even though the prevailing term here is "ricer", I actually prefer to call them "hondistas". It seems a little more specific to the garden variety civic-with-ground-effects that I seem to see around here a lot.

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
No,NO, you got it all wrong bro. When he was waving the finger at you, he was just suggesting as someone did yesterday in a post to get your prostate checked...LOL :eek: I gave one the little pinky finger awhile back (that cut me off, then shot me off!) and my youngest boy said "what was that for? and I said that was the "feather", cause he wasn't worth the "bird"...lol ::

·
Registered
625 Posts
I had one like that this morning but after he got around my group of vehicles, he had a little room to show off. And about 1/4 mile later, a gray Camaro with all kinds of red and blue lights asked to see his car up close. I just had to do a horn check on my big truck as I went by. For once, I saw a police car when we needed one.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Hondista... That's an interesting name. Is that kinda like a Sandinista? *G*

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I know what you're saying about that darting in and out crap. I was out on 880 the other night driving from San Leandro to Fremont in my vert and I was passed by about five of those little ricer cars, each one packed with four or five guys with their ball caps on backwards, cutting in and out going about 10 mph faster than traffic. These guys were moving two and three lanes at a time and cutting people off. Just no sense and no considertion for their own safety and the safety of others. We sure can grow em here in the Golden State.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thats great, when I driving in the texas heat with no air cond, I always have my windows all the way down. They come up on my passenger side reving their engine, then they see I'm a GIRL and they stop. When the light turns green I rev up and get in front of them laughing. It's great ::

·
Registered
913 Posts
Recently i was comming home from getting emission tested in my 72 (stupid AZ) and a rice similar to what you describe pulled up next to me and started reving up his fart can.

I look over and laugh at him then rev'd my 72. Apparantly he didn't like that and flipped me off when the light turned green and took off. Well i bet he wasn't laughing when i flew past him before he made it through the big intersection. (BTW i stopped accelerating at the speed limit)

He then proceded to do a flyby with the bird again only to be pulled over by a bike cop further down the road.

·
Administrator
19,500 Posts
Ah, sweet justice! ::

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm always afraid of pissing someone off while I'm in my car because I'm most likely the only 71-73 copper Mustang with black stripes in the area. I've been egged twice for unknown reasons by unknown people and both have ruined my paint job. The second time actually happened this past Tuesday right on my friggin hood.

G

·
0 Posts
The fastest I have ever been in my '00 GT (140 mph) was provoked by a ricer... Some winged up Prelude. I just couldn't give that kid the satisfaction of telling his friends he blew away a new GT. :: Very stupid in retrospect, but sometimes pride gets in the way of reason.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
re:and made sure he saw me pointing at his giant wing and laughing my a$$ off.
---------------
I have done the same......I bet these hedgehog head looking freaks went home and yanked the wing off and used it as a front porch bench...

I don't give them the time of day when it comes to public roadways....
even a stock GT can spank some of the more respectable ricers...

I don't even know why these little pukes try.

re:flyby's

around here we call them Fartcan Flyby's

looks like someone slammed a Saporro beer can slapped it on their tail pipe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts