Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Color is "China Blue Metallic". Standard Nason color. It was either this or White. It's growing on me, slowly.... Pics are of the car the day after paint (Monday before last). Paint has since been cut and buffed and the front clip got re-installed over the last couple of evenings. I bought the car disassembled, so digging through boxes of loose hardware is really slowing me down. I need to get this car done ASAP, project "no budget eleanor" begins in the Spring.

http://a1.cpimg.com/image/E9/0F/54616041-ab9a-00800060-.jpg
http://a2.cpimg.com/image/EA/0F/54616042-ed9d-02000180-.jpg
http://a5.cpimg.com/image/ED/0F/54616045-e5bc-02000180-.jpg

·
4,129 Posts
Yes I like the color. Also good to see your happy smiling face againg Dave. :biggrin: fd

·
Registered
257 Posts
Funny, I'm pretty sure that's the color of our old Sentra!

Paint looks great :)

·
Registered
708 Posts
Hey, do you have any more info on this colour? Like numbers etc?

Is it a Ford colour or what?

I kinda like it in your pics and am looking for a colour to repaint my European Ford Granada...

In your pic on my screen it looks like a bluisch grey or a greyisch blue metallic? Can you describe the colour a bit more detailed? Cause no two screens are alike!

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's a saying out there that goes something like "there's no such thing as a dumb question...."

Without going any further, yes, of course I painted it. It's a project car. The "project" being to restore/rebuild the car. If someone else painted it, it wouldn't be much of a project now would it? We've been down this road before.
Although the job came out nice, I'm still not sure of the color... as a previous response stated, it's more of a Nissan Sentra than a classic Mustang color. I just didn't want another blue/red/black/white Mustang rolling out of the shop. Maybe when it's all back together it'll have grown on me some more, we'll see.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Understand that project "no budget Eleanor" is not for me. Yes, it will be my project, but I'm building the car for someone else. This is where the "no budget" part of the project comes in.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Those whitewalls aren't the tires you'll be running once it's completed, are they? 'Cause I believe on your last project, you were only moulding RWLs...

Oh, and if you're going to use a woodgrain steering wheel, please post a series of "how to" pics. I've always wanted to see how to carve a circle.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Understand that project "no budget Eleanor" is not for me. Yes, it will be my project, but I'm building the car for someone else. This is where the "no budget" part of the project comes in.

We will be anxiously awaiting pictures of your tire molds. :winkgrin:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
The color looks good. Nice job on the paint job. It's always good see another mustang being restored!

·
Registered
82 Posts
The color appears to be silver blue metallic; a 1965 and 1966 Ford Mustang color (code Y). I have both a 65 and a 66 painted this color.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Hey there...

Any chance of getting an answer on the color questions I asked earlier?

I'm really interested... Is it really the silver blue from 65/66?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts