Vintage Mustang Forums banner

PIC REQUEST! For all you six cylinders, a carb/manifold pic. PCV.

625 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  EastCoastClassic 
#1 ·
I posted here a couple days ago: http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/showtopic.php?tid/1478772/post/1809182/hl//fromsearch/1/

I have a 65, with a 200 6. It has a road draft tube and a breather oil filler cap, no pcv. What I would like to do is add a pcv to prevent the small amount of blowby coming out of the breather cap at idle.

I have tried to find a picture of the intake manifold/carb of a six with a PCV system, but have had no luck. I am looking for the exact location in the carb spacer and/or intake manifold where the pcv hose connects. On my Intake manifold, there is this strange thing that looks like a broken plug about an inch long coming out of it, I am wondering if that was the original place for the PCV hose and if someone has added a non-pcv valve cover. I have added the oil filler cap with the nipple, and then attached rubber hose and allowed that to go to the entrance of the air cleaner assembly, so that most of the blowby goes into the air cleaner, but during idle when there is not as much vacuum, it does not all go into the air cleaner assembly.

So, can anyone take a picture for me of their carb/intake manifold that shows the pcv hose connected to it?

As a thank you, I will send that person a picture as well, of my adorable dog, Bristol. It's a really good deal. Or I can send you a picture of my cat, Darlington, inside my china cabinet. Either one, your pick :p

See less See more
#2 ·
I have a 65 with an I6 200. The factory air cleaner housing has a one inch or so long outlet off of the snorkle. The breather cap has an outlet to the side. A hose runs between the two so that the vacuum of the carb can pull the crankcase vented fumes through the air filter and re-burn through the carb. There is a hole in the valve cover gasket equaldistant from the numbers 7 and 8 cylinders. A rubber grommit fits in this hole and a PCV valve fits into the grommit. I believe a hose ran from this to a fitting in the intake log directly under the carb opening. I've machine the intake log to accept a HOlley 2100 2v carb and am able to run PCV hose to a pickup tube out the base of the carb. I have no photos at present, but in a week or two I'll be developing film, if that fits your schedule. You can send me a private post with your email address and I'll email a picture.

#3 ·
Sent you a E-mail with pictures from my 6 cyl.
The oil fill cap with the elbow and hose was
used on California cars, mine didn't come
that way, it's a Indianapolis DSO car.

#5 ·
So, Are you looking to make it correct? If it's not a cali car I wouldn't bother adding the breather to air cleaner hose.I would get the correct carb spacer and valve cover,That way I could run the pcv valve.I have a spacer for a pcv off of a 65 or 66,I would sell,Let me know if you decide to go that route.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.