Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
once I figured there wasn't much more I do to my 67 gta vert,I started looking again.after passing up 5 cars,all 67-68 verts and fastbacks.I found a 68 gt vert not far away.playing with price,I let it sit a week or so,and called again.he said someone else was gonna buy it,I was bummed!4-5 days later I tried him again,and it was still there.this time I jumped on it.10 year old prof resto,all there, clean numbers matching J code 68 GT vert auto white on black.could use fresh paint,and some new trim.debating weather to do a color change from white to silver frost,with a black out hood.being a true GT,and want to hold value,what would you do??Is it worth more to a buyer,white or silver??

·
Registered
771 Posts
You didn't get many responses last time you asked this question. Maybe this time you'll get more opinions.

For me, I'd probably paint it the original color but it's not my car. :: Probably a much larger market for an original color car and since you're considering a color that wasn't done that year you decrease the pool of potential buyers even further. So, are you gonna keep it or sell it? That alone should help you to make the decision.

Good luck.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you're probably right Mike,but I figured I would try to get some opinions

·
Registered
72 Posts
I would go back original with it unless it is a really bad color. But we all know that red seems to be the color of choice for most people. My favorte color is white and I love emberglow.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I would paint the car the originial color. But then again that is me.

If you like something different then paint your car that color. What ever the case have fun with it and congratulations on your new ride.

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
if your painting the car for your own use, paint it the calor you like. if your paining the car to flip, stick to the original color.
it just makes sense.
your taste is not necessarily the next guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts