Vintage Mustang Forums banner

picked up my GT40 this weekend. Red with White stripes.

852 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  70sportsroof 
#1 ·
Well, the notice came while I was gone at work, so I had to wait until Saturday to pick up my GT40. I had to wait 6 weeks from the date that I ordered it. This is the model that has the blister in the roof for more headroom and also has the snorkles in the rear for picking up more air into the carb. It is red with white racing stripes. It's pretty cool to open up the rear hatch and see the bundle of snakes exhaust headers.

It came with a nice plexiglass cover and hardwood mounting base, with a brass plaque. Yup, this die-cast model is a great replica with much attention to detail. Maybe one of these days I can afford to purchase the roaring 40s kit!

#3 ·
you sheister you

#4 ·
Yeah, that one was just too sweet to leave alone. Given how much difficulty I have been having trying to get my sportsroof in shape for cruises and shows (0/3), seems like I might be forced to bicycle over to the next show and leave the GT40 model in my assigned slot. Might be the only way I'll get one of my cars in a show. LOL. Hope you enjoyed the chuckle.

#5 ·
So, when can we see pictures? Very interested!

#6 ·
Hey Ken. I was at Hagen Park on Saturday and wondered where you were. I was parked next to Johnpro and SacBill under a big old tree. Great venue. How far is your car from completion? What color did you paint it?

#8 ·
Yeah, I am bummed about missing it. I worked till after midnight on Friday and got up early Saturday, but still didn't get the car together. My neighbors kept bugging me to help them with their car, plus other interruptions.

The car is close now. Pretty much just decalling and cleaning the interior. The car is meadow green metallic with gold pearl. The only color accent is the gold spokes on the torque thrust D wheels. Looks pretty good, but of course I see "areas" that I would do differently now or buff out differently. Probably an 8 on a scale of 10, maybe less. JohnPro posted a few pictures last night that show my car in his driveway.

Thanks for your interest. I look forward to seeing you at theBAMA cruise.

Ken

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.