Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After sitting at my friend's house for 6 months, I took the forklift loader and trailer, plus a modified pallet and picked up the 302 with 351W heads. Had to move his 1000lb hammermill as part of the engine deal. Plus unload another engine from his pickup. Hydraulics are nice....saves on backs.

He just bought a 64 Fairlane 500 which is in remarkable condition. Needs restored, but rust free, clean body and the interior is almost restored, the proper way. The little 260 in it was seized, so it needs a fresh engine. I felt a little envious as the car is a real classic.

Brought the engine back and sat it in the shop. It drew lots of attention from customers and employees. When I told them it was a running engine, they pointed to the gaping hole where the intake manifold is supposed to be. Oh well, it needs a couple of parts and worked over too, hehe. Overall, I now have the engine and tranny setup for the 65 coupe. One of these days, I'll rebuild the engine. May start on the block this winter. Luckily only rings, gaskets and bearings for the block, if I'm lucky. The main $$$ are going to be in the heads and valvetrain. I can't wait to start on it....

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Way cool. I remember when I picked up my current engine from the machine shop and it sat in the corner of my garage for almost 3 months while we finished my son's car. It was KILLING me to see that beautiful engine sitting on blocks in the corner of the garage ever day. Of course the weekend after my son's car hit the road, that engine was in my car /forums/images/icons/cool.gif.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Forklifts... Like someone else said on the forum once, " My $20,000 engine puller " ! I've used forklifts for years to change out motors. I bought a long arm adapter from Tractor Supply that fits right over the forks. The whole set-up is infinitly adjustable, up - down -angle in - angle out. You don't have to rock the car back and forth, just move the forks in and out a quarter inch at a time. A true Tim Taylor engine puller !

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Slow down....you passed me along time ago, and every post you make is making me more jealous. Hey Im going to send you a pic of those rims. Monarch's. How far are you from the black hills??? I was just there a week ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts