Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My next door neighboor drove me down to Danvers and trailored the new fastback home for me yesterday. I got a couple of pics while we were picking up the car but it was dark by the time we got home.

http://home.comcast.net/~pbader5/wsb/html/view.cgi-photo.html--SiteID-1790097.html

http://home.comcast.net/~pbader5/wsb/html/view.cgi-photo.html--SiteID-1790098.html

Yes, those are cows in the background. The car was on a farm about 20 miles west of Bloomington for the past few years.

This car needs much more work than the first two did, which is one of the reasons that I bought it. I think I am ready to take on some more complex projects. The car is fairly solid and should clean up real nice, but it won't be road worthy by this Saturday.

Looking forward to going over the car a little better in the daylight when I get home from work today.

:: :: ::

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Congrats Paul,
Nice looking car! Looks like it is in good shape.
Randy

·
Registered
155 Posts
Congrats!!!!! That's a good looking car.
I'm jealous. ;)

·
Registered
879 Posts
You have three, Bill has three, maybe if I sweet talk Maria..................... :D
Car looks really nice. Love the 390!

·
Registered
306 Posts
If I remember correctly you bought this new house with a three car garage and five bedrooms. Should'nt be the other way around! Is that the original color and if it's not was it white originally? Looks good but you'll make it look better. ::

·
Registered
620 Posts
Paul,

Looks great. Even if it needs some work it the challenge of doing it yourself. If you need any reference pics let me know on the 390 motor.

We need at least 1 mustang that needs work to keep us out of trouble. :: get to learn a lot when taking it a part and putting it back together as we found how fun it was when we aligned to door on the vert. Taking some enginuity and lots of muscle and most of all LOTS OF PATIENCE!!!!! Oh yeah lots of extra money and searching forever for original parts.

Ken you want to add a 3rd and have as much as us???? What we need to do is all get the same model and year car so we can trade parts and labor on the three and by the time we get done with them all we can retire and enjoy them ::
I figure I got about 25 more years before I can retire and get the kids out of the house.

ken,
I think a nice 67-68 Fastback is in order at your place also. Beg and plead with maria or just bring one home one day and say it was just to good of a deal to pass up and explain it's a good investment for the family as it will hopefully just keep going up in price.

·
Registered
620 Posts
You have three, Bill has three, maybe if I sweet talk Maria..................... :D
Car looks really nice. Love the 390!
Ken

Looks like you will have to get a 68 fastback as Paul has bought up all the 67's :p

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rich - the original color was Frost Turquoise. I think I'll leave it black. Got a chance to wash it after work today and I was surprised how good the paint still looks. It has been sitting a while but even with a car cover it was in need of a good scrubbing.

Now that it is cleaned up a little, I will get some better photos (without cows or trailers).

·
Registered
879 Posts
Ebony and Ivory live together in perfect harmony side by side in my three car garage oh Lord why don't we.........
With apologies to Mr.McCartney. ::
It had to be "sung"
I guess if you count donkey we have three equine related products! :p

·
Registered
269 Posts
It's a beauty!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Next to Grayslake, Lake County. If blink you will drive thru it. Unless you get pulled over by Hainesvilles finest.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts